Friday, October 9, 2020

TODAY WAS A REMOTE DAY (BUT NOT HOW YOU THINK)

 Yesterday I installed my new Roku in my master bedroom.  I was so excited to have a newer Roku to view TV and movies.  I go to watch TV last night and the cable remote won't work. Every time I push a button, any button, the TV turns to the Roku station.  I tried everything.  I finally figured out that if I turned the TV off and changed the station on the cable remote and then turned the TV back on, it worked but I could not use the cable remote while the TV was on.  I knew this was not going to last long with me.  I hate when things do not work the way they are supposed to and not being able to change channels will drive me crazy.

Today I spent time figuring it out.  First I reprogrammed the remote and that didn't work.  I went to my downstairs junk drawer and found three more remotes for the cable (they give you new remotes all the time) and I got the same result with all three of them.  Then I went to The Google.  Seems that others have had the same problem.  There is a thing that needs to be switched off on Roku to allow other remotes to work.  Once I figured this out, turned the switch off and reprogrammed one of the cable remotes, I was back in business.  All is once again well in the cable/Roku world.  

I also found the missing remote for my TV in my office.  Okay, someone put it in the junk drawer in the downstairs.  It may have been me, it may have been someone else thinking they were funny.  I may have hidden it from my foster kid since he was stealing the remotes thinking it was a laugh a minute.  Who knows?  I am just happy to find it but wish I found it before I bought another remote.  To be honest I looked in that drawer but it was squished in the back under some stuff and it pure luck that I found it at all.

Tonight I went to a virtual fundraiser for Trans Lifeline.  I got to do a fireside chat with Randy Rainbow.  I am sure you have either seen his videos or heard about them.   It was a fun way to spend an early Friday evening.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!