Wednesday, October 21, 2020

ONLINE SHOPPING FOOD AND TARGET

 I ordered food from the supermarket to be delivered.  I hope it all arrives. One thing you learn with food delivery is that just because the website says it is coming does not mean it will arrive.  Different things happen: 1) the driver forgets to shop for it, 2) it is actually out of stock, 3) the driver picks out the wrong item or 4) the driver leaves it in the car/truck.  Sometimes this means you pay for it and you have to call up and get your money back. Sometimes you get stuff you did not order, this is bonus stuff.  It really is not a given you will get what you order, this is why I am not as excited with ordering food online anymore.  It is more of a headache sometimes.

Today I didn't get two items that were out of stock, I was notified.  Then when I did the inventory (you have to do an inventory when the food arrives) I was missing (but didn't pay for) frozen cherries, frozen strawberries, tofu and vegan mac and cheese.  Oh, well, it goes on the list for next time.  

I also ordered from Target!  I am ordering toilet paper and paper towels for the first time since lock down.  I am not out of stock yet but I didn't want to wait until I was desperate.  I am sure you are thinking WHAT? you didn't need toilet paper this whole time?  My answer is I live alone.  I don't use much toilet paper and I had bought a bunch of toilet paper and paper towels right before lock down.  I do have to say, I didn't think it would last this long but I have been careful.  

I was only able to buy one 18 pack of toilet paper but that will probably last with the stock I still have through the end of the year.  I got a giant pack of paper towels too.  I usually use reusable, washable cloths instead of paper towels in the kitchen so that is why I don't use too many paper towels.  It is a habit I picked up from my sister-in-law.  I use a cloth to wipe up, let it dry and then chuck it in the washing machine.  It saves to much money and the environment.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!