Friday, October 23, 2020

OREO COOKIE VEGAN ICE CREAM SUCCESS

 Now that I got my groceries delivered, I woke up early to get my mail from the post office and used the early hours to start making ice cream. When I use the recipe where I heat the coconut milk, it takes much longer because it has to cool for about four hours. If I start making the ice cream at 10am, I have ice cream to eat after dinner. 

I decided to make Oreo cookie ice cream this time. I used vanilla paste instead of vanilla extract. Plus I doubled the amount called for.  Then I took 6 Oreos (yes regular Oreos are vegan) and pulverized them in my blender. Then I took a few more Oreos and crushed then a bit with a heavy object. 

The ice cream base was a success this time. Last time I had some issues with it so it didn’t turn out so well. The key is to have all the ingredients ready before I start. The ingredients have to go in the pan quickly so having them measured and ready is key. 

I let the base cool for 4 hours then I put it in the frozen bowl base the correct way. I let it whip for about 10 minutes then I put in the Oreos that I blended. I let that mix for another minute or two.  Once it was done I put the ice cream in a container and stirred in the larger pieces of Oreos. Then I popped it in the freezer. 

I had some after dinner and it was fabulous. I barely tasted the coconut milk.  The vanilla paste and cookies helped cover the coconut. Not that the coconut is bad, the ice cream tasted more like real cookies and cream. 

I am trying to decide if I should do coffee or pistachio next.  Of course I can always do chocolate. I was also thinking of doing oatmeal cookie by making oatmeal cookies and putting some of the dough in the batter.  

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!