Saturday, October 3, 2020

PUN OFF, PREAKNESS AND HSB

 I had a busy day.  Probably my busiest day in a while.  I took it easy in the morning to get ready for the day.  I made Vegan Jambalaya for this week.  I researched and I freeze some of it if I need/want to.  I had some for lunch and dinner it was so good.  It is a bit like my Vegan Paella but different with different ingredients.  I don't know if there will be any to freeze because it is so good.  It is not spicy and it has beans instead of sausage and seafood.  I just ate it down.

Then I started watching Hardly Strictly Bluegrass which was online this year.  I decided to not wear my T-shirt since no one will see it.  I will wear it tomorrow when my friends will see it.  The concert was not like a real concert online but it had talking and singing and reminiscing and songs sung by multiple people at the same time.  I had it one for hours while I was doing other things. Chrome Cast is wonderful for this.  I popped it up on the TV and did other things rather than having my laptop on my lap.  

Then at the appropriate time I tuned into the Preakness Stakes and watched those few minutes.  My first pick did not finish in the top three but my second and third picks came in second and third.  I picked Thousand Words, Authentic and Jesus' Team.  If I had paid more attention that Swiss Skydiver  (a filly) was racing I would have wanted her to win.  I wanted a filly to win for years. There has not been a filly to win the Preakness since 2009.  The winner was Swiss Skydiver, second Authentic and third Jesus' Team.  It was a good race. 

Then back to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass until the end and much needed break for dinner and feeding the dog.  Then on to a Pun-Off. My friend S wanted to go and I said I would give it a try.  I never saw a pun-off before and it was interesting.  I can't say I was riveted but it was an interesting experience. I wonder how much being on zoom hindered the pun-off?  It was awful slow at times and many of the "puns" I didn't get.  Maybe I don't really get what a pun is.  My foster son asked me what a pun was a few minutes before the pun-off and I could not answer him. I am not sure I still can.  I better come up with something before tomorrow when he asks me.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!