Monday, October 19, 2020

TRIGGERED FROM A ZOOM

 Have you ever been talking with a group and you start to state your position about a topic and another person cuts you off, strongly gives their position for 20 minutes straight (meanwhile putting down your position) and doesn't give you a chance to speak again?  Yes?  Well, I had this happen a week ago and it has been bugging me.  I am not angry, I am feeling triggered.  I felt they were being a bully when they cut me off like that and didn't let me speak again (unless I wanted to cut them off).  I understand they were passionate about the topic but it still doesn't give them the right to disallow my view or opinion in a group chat.  They would have found out I mostly agreed with them but they didn't give me the chance to say so.

I have been trying to find a way to talk to this person and let them know that it bothered me. Should I call them or email them?  It is hard in the time of Covid-19.  I can't meet them for a coffee and sit and have a conversation.  I also don't know this person very well because I met this person since Covid-19 over zoom.  Things are so complicated now. 

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!