Friday, October 16, 2020

PLAY THREE IRONBOUND

 The ice cream maker showed up early! I am super excited. I washed it and put the bowl in the freezer already. Tomorrow I can make the ice cream base and put it in the ice cream maker. I have researched recipes and flavors. I am going to stay simple the first time. 

Tonight my friend S and I watched our final virtual play Ironbound. This was my favorite of the three. This play was about a woman who was married to a man she immigrated to America with. Then he wanted to move to a Chicago to follow his dream and she was pregnant and didn’t want to move to a new town and start over so they broke up. She then married a guy who was abusive (they didn’t show this part). Then after divorcing him, she dared and moved in with the co-star of the play. He was a dirt bag who cheated on her 10, 13, or 17 times.  There was a financial inequality in their relationship that he exploits. He hits her. She was unable to leave due to money.  I know it sounds depressing but it had very funny dialogue. It was a play that you want to talk about after it is over.  They do come to a resolution at the end. She stands up for herself.  I thought it was well done and engaging. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!