Sunday, October 25, 2020

ICE CREAM #3 PISTACHIO

 Today I made my third try at vegan ice cream.  This time I spent 20 minutes shelling 1 cup of pistachios while I was on my weekly zoom call with friends.  Then I mixed the cream and put it in the refrigerator for 4 hours.  

 

Right before 8pm I put the mixture in the ice cream maker and I had pistachio ice cream.  

It isn't green like you see in the supermarket because my pistachios were older and organic.  They weren't very green and more of a brown color. It is okay because it is more about the taste anyway.  It tastes fantastic!  Just like having a creamy pistachio in my mouth.

I have to decide what flavor to make next: coffee or mint chocolate chip or chocolate.  Or I was thinking of making oatmeal cookie ice cream with bits of oatmeal cookie in it.  I'll see.

I also made Sweet Potato, Zucchini Home Fries.  They were super easy to make and they tasted delicious.  They were flavorful and just the right amount of spice.  Just cut the veggies up, add the spices and pop in the oven.  

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!