Saturday, October 24, 2020

CHICKEN SITUATION

My neighbors have had a chicken coop for a couple of years now. When they first got it I was not that excited about it. The reason I was not excited about it was because it was very close to my house. It was especially very close to the door to my downstairs. We talked about it and I thought we agreed that there would be no feeding of the chickens near the door to my house.

Well as time went on, I realized that chickens were being fed right near the door to my house. If you read this blog regularly you will know that I have had problems with rodents specifically rats. Rats love being near chicken coops because chickens get fed and they are very sloppy. I asked my neighbor to stop feeding the chickens near my house and not never happened. The chickens were fed every morning right near the door to my house.

A few days ago I was looking out at the weather and I noticed that my neighbor had put up a chicken run alongside the length of my house. This made me quite unhappy. I decided enough is enough. I have been quite flexible about the chicken situation but we're heading into the winter time when rodents are going to want to come inside and nest and I don't want them nesting in my house. So I called the building manager and said it's time to talk.

This morning the building manager and I spoke and he was very understanding and reasonable and said he did not know that the chicken run had been set up and that it needed to come down immediately. He also agreed with me that I have been very patient and understanding about the chickens and not at this point the chickens need to either be moved or rehoused in another location not at this address. So this conversation made me very happy not that I don't love the chickens but I think I dislike the rats more. So I'm hoping that this change will happen in the next couple of weeks before the cold sets in.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!