Saturday, October 31, 2020

HALLOWEEN

 Happy Halloween!

My house is semi-decorated for Halloween.  I half hardheartedly put some things up to celebrate the day. Since I was not going to have trick-or-treaters I didn't want to go all out.  I don't think kids should be going to people's houses they aren't bubbling with to get handouts number one and I don't answer the door for anyone so I would not be giving out candy number two.  I put a sign out saying No Candy sad face :(.  It kept the kids at bay.  I didn't want them coming up the stairs and upsetting Lucky only to have me saying No Candy.  I actually do have candy but it is not a good idea this year. I saw some local kids walking around.  I am not sure they were trick-or-treating or just walking around showing off their costumes.

I made Moroccan Stew with Butternut squash and chickpeas today.  I was excited because it was being made in the slow cooker.  I got everything in the slow cooker and I had some trouble turning it on.  I got it on and set the timer for 7 hours and went about my day.  I read in my hammock and cleaned off and stored my outside umbrella.  I came back to the stew at about 5.5 hours and it seemed very done.  I looked and I set it on HIGH instead of LOW and it should have been done at 4 hours.  So it got a little overcooked.  It tasted okay. Maybe a pinch overdone.  But it was very good.  A hearty stew!  Very Fall type stew.

I had a butternut squash for months and wasn't sure if I could use it so I asked the woman at the veggie delivery service and she said they last for months sometimes.  I cut it open and it was just beyond usable but it is good to know that they last so long.  I probably could have used it a month ago with no problems.  I had a newer squash to use as a back up. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!