Wednesday, August 4, 2021

THE CROWN NUMBER 3 (NOT THE CROWN SEASON 3)

 Interesting news.  I went to the dentist today to get a three week checkup after getting my mouth guard.  We set this appointment because my teeth on the left side were bothering me when I got the mouth guard and we weren't sure if it was because I went over seven weeks without a mouth guard grinding and gritting my teeth into oblivion or did I have an actual tooth problem.  The day I got my mouth guard it was impossible to tell because all my teeth hurt.  My jaw hurt.  

First I have to say, when I got to the dental building I waited to get into an elevator by myself and finally gave up and took the stairs.  It was only 5 floors.  Heck, I walk 2 miles a day.  The dentist looked at my teeth and it took a minute for her to find the crack.  Yes, I cracked another tooth.  The current theory is that when I bit down on the walnut shell and I broke my tooth a few months ago, I probably made a tiny crack in this current tooth too.  It was not noticeable enough on the x-ray. According to the dentist I have tiny cracks in many of my teeth. Since it was not painful and not noticeable, it was overlooked.  Then I went over seven weeks with no night guard and ground the heck out of my teeth.  What was a tiny crack now became a bigger crack and painful when I bite down.  It isn't horribly painful.  I could live with it for much longer but I worry that the same thing will happen and my tooth will fall apart.  It is a tooth with a partial crown.  So, the partial crown needs to come off and then a new crown needs to be put on.  For those of you keeping track, since Covid started this is crown number three.  I am keeping my dentist is business.  As I said before, I should just have my pay direct deposited to the dentist's bank account.  

Stress is shown in different ways.  Mine is through my stomach, my RA and how bad my tooth grinding and gritting gets.  I always grind and grit my teeth since I have done it my whole life but it gets worse when I am under enormous stress.  I think the last 18 months would be a perfect example of enormous stress.

I did not walk today.  I was busy and did not want to.  I think I am feeling a little sorry for myself.  

I did not bake today either.  I will not ready to do the next project and I had all these other things happen.

I had a few people reach out to me today.  It was one of those days. I can go days without my phone ringing and then one day I will have four people reach out.  It is like a vibe happens and everyone wants to talk/text with me.  I call it a "popular day". 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!