Monday, August 23, 2021

I FINALLY ATE REAL FOOD TODAY

 It is National Cuban Sandwich Day today.  Since I was feeling better, I decided to make a Vegan Cuban sandwich today.  It was easier than I thought.  I cut a few corners but it ended up tasting really good.  First I soaked the Tofurky in a mustard and dill pickle juice mixture.  Then I put vegan mayo and mustard on two slices of bread.  I put vegan cheese on both slices of bread.  I placed dill pickles on the slices in specific places.  Then I took the Tofurky and put it on a frying pan to heat it.  I put the heated Tofurky on the cheese slices.  Then I put the two slices of bread together (so the pickles are opposite) and put butter on the outside of the slices.  I put the butter side in the frying pan and put my heavy pot top on top of it to weigh it down over a low temp.  Once it is toasted, turn.  Then toast the other side.  The cheese melts and the bread toasts.  It tastes amazing.  The mustard and pickles gives the Tofurky a bit of spice.  Delicious!!  

I am feeling good enough to actually take a shower and put on real clothes.  I am still really tired and my arm hurts but I am feeling well enough to eat a little and get out of bed.  I even changed my sheets because I could not stand another night on those sheets that I have been on for four days.  I plan to wash them tomorrow.  I was too tired changing the bed.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!