Monday, August 2, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-THREE OF COOKING COURSE

 I finished my first French Pastry creation.  It was a haul but I did it.  There were so many components that it took three days.  I now see why French Pastries cost so much. They must have 10 people work on them.  It tastes amazing.  I gave a few away and I am sure I will hear if they are as tasty as I think they are.  

The creation is a Baba au Rhum.  There is a few layers: the baba soaked in passion fruit syrup, mango salad, crumble, mango cremeux, vanilla pastry cream.  I plated it two different ways: restaurant quality and cafe style.  


The restaurant style is so fancy and delicious.  The cafe style is like a party in my mouth with each spoonful.  The dessert is so delicious with the mango and passion fruit. 

I decided to stay inside today and finish my dessert and I did the walking DVD for 2 miles.  This allowed me to have the time to finish the dessert, take the photos, wash the MANY dishes and be ready for my doctor appointment.  If I had gone out for an outside walk, I would have left one of these things to do later and been stressed.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!