Friday, August 6, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-FOUR OF COOKING COURSE

I baked all day today to get the Vegan Gluten-free Flan Patissier completed.  For those of you who only took one year of high school French  (like I did) that means French Custard Cake.  It was a long day making sure it was all correct.  I finally got it in the oven and the directions were bake "20 -50 minutes" depending on your oven.  No other directions.  I never baked a custard type cake before and I didn't know what it was supposed to look or act like when it was done.  I kept baking it.  I finally took it out when it looked sort of done and not as "wiggly".  It turns out it was done, I think.  I am not a flan or custard fan so this will definitely be going to the neighbors and dog walker.  I tried it and it is okay but give me a chocolate cake any day.  

The crust got a little wonky.  I never baked with a gluten-free crust before.  It tastes fine, it is just falling apart. 

I realized that I never gave my review of Jungle Cruise the Disney movie.  Here goes.  I really enjoyed it as a fun movie with no expectations.  I see it as a cross between Pirates of the Caribbean and Romancing the Stone and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.  There was a little bit of suspended belief, a lot of laughs and a very, very small amount of thrill.  I enjoyed it for a Saturday night movie.  It kept me awake (which is the main thing) and I had fun.  

No time for a walk today.  I was busy doing this baking plus the air quality is bad from the fires.  We may not be going outside for walks for a few days.  We may be staying inside with windows and doors closed and air purifiers on.  The best things I bought last year.  Just thankful we have electricity from the sun gods.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!