Thursday, August 19, 2021

GOT MY BOOSTER TODAY

 At 8:45 am the pharmacy called to ask me if I was the person coming in to get the booster shot.  This did not instill much confidence since I just spoke to the pharmacy yesterday.  I explained that I was and that I was supposed to call at 9 am to remind them to mix the solution so it would be ready at 9:30 am when I got there.  We hung up.  He called back to say don't remember my covid card.  Yes, I told him I have my ID, covid card and the form all ready filled out from their website.  At this point I was loosing confidence that this was going to happen.  

At 9 am I was ready to go and got myself all together and of course Lucky would not go in her cage.  Since it has been 18 months since she has had to go in her cage, she is reluctant to do it.  I am going to have to retrain her when this pandemic is over.  I finally got her in the cage with lots of cookie bribes and finally by getting angry, and I was out the door.  I had my double masks and some mail.  I stopped at the post office to drop it in the slot and check my mailbox.  Then I walked the block to the pharmacy.  I was too early.  It is a small store (an annex they call it) and I didn't want to be in there longer than I had to so I walked around a little bit.  At exactly 9:30 I was in the pharmacy.  The woman at the counter knew exactly why I had come and didn't ask for ID but just my covid card and the form I filled out.  I had to sign a declaration that I was allowed to take the booster with one of the legal reasons.  Then I sat down.

I had to wait longer than I wanted.  It turns out it was a new employees first day and the manager was training him.  So he was very busy and he couldn't remember if he even started mixing the medicine.  He must have because I didn't wait 1/2 hour.  While I waited various delivery people came and went and some people came in for their prescriptions.  I only went outside when a man insisted on coming close to talk to me.  I didn't talk back but he kept talking to me.  I finally waited outside.  Then it was my turn to get my booster shot.  I asked for a sharps container (I am running out of room in my sharps container at home) and I was off and walking home. I couldn't find a taxi so I decided to walk home.  It isn't that far and I walked slowly.  

Once home I let Lucky out of her cage, I drank some water and got into bed.  I fell asleep after a bit and was woken by the telephone.  So far I feel sleepy and achy around my arm where I got the shot and my neck and back.  The same as last time.  I ate a little lunch and have been drinking a fair bit of water.  I am planning on taking it easy tomorrow.

I made these cookies the other day.  Chocolate chip pecan cookies.  They are great. I had three today.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!