Sunday, August 8, 2021

SMOKE AND NO ELECTRICITY

 The day started out with me waking up to air that smelled of smoke.  Although the Air Quality Management said the air quality was "good", I could smell the smoke and that means I will cough.  So, all windows and doors had to stay closed, much to Lucky's annoyance.  She loves to sunbathe at about 11am when the sun comes out on the deck.  It was not very sunny at that time because it was foggy or smoggy or smokey.  I am not sure what it was.  So no outside walking today.

So we stayed inside and watched TV and I cooked.  I made Sweet and Spicy Lo Mein with Sesame Broccoli and Mushrooms.  It is really good.  I swapped out the lo mien noodles for spaghetti and I used shiitake mushrooms instead of baby bellas but it tastes delicious.   

 Then at 5:04pm I got a text message saying the electricity was turned off.  But my electricity was not turned off so I didn't take it seriously.  My mistake.  About 50 minutes later click, the electricity turned off.  I waited because it said the electricity would come back on at 7:15pm.  Okay, not too bad.  Then I got a text saying the electricity was going to be off until 11:30pm.  Then I started to go into go mode.  I went to get my camping lamp (from the 1980s) and all my flashlights.  That was when I realized that my really good flashlights (you know the kind) that were good in an emergency both died recently.  They use those 6V batteries and last forever.  So while I was sitting here I ordered two new big flashlights, two battery operated lamps and a solar operated lamp.  

Then I got my portable charger.  I never really had to use it but I bought it for just this reason.  I keep it charged and thank goodness.  This power outage didn't give me enough time to charge anything (well it did if I took it seriously) so I only had 40% left on my phone.  I had to use my phone to watch TV with no WiFi.  Watching TV will suck your power very fast.  I plugged in my portable charger and it charged my phone while I watched TV.  

Then at 8:25pm Click the power came back on.  Tomorrow I will be spending 30 minutes resetting all the timers and clocks in the house. 

So no inside walking today.  I was planning on walking the 3 mile DVD today.  Just wasn't meant to be.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!