Friday, August 27, 2021

RELAPSE IN RECOVERY AND ROASTED RED CABBAGE

 Another fun day!  This morning at around 2 am I woke and I was burning up.  I thought it was just really hot in the room and the dog was next to me.  Then I realized the dog was not next to me and the room was not really hot, I was really hot.  I grabbed the thermometer that I had downstairs since I got the booster shot and it read 100 degrees.  I rarely ever get a 100 degrees reading since I am on steroids for my rheumatoid arthritis and steroids suppress your temperature.  I waited a fair bit and sort of watched TV and drifted in and out of sleep and took it again later and it was 99.6 degrees.  Then I did the same thing and some time later it was 99.1 degrees.  Then I fell asleep until the morning and my temp was normal.  I am not sure what happened but I blame myself for doing so much yesterday.  I probably over did it and my body reacted.  I did Google "menopause hot flashes" but I found out hot flashes do not raise your core body temperature.  Interesting fact I didn't know.  Plus I haven't gotten a hot flash yet that I noticed.

Of course, I had that moment where I thought oh, god did I get Covid but I was okay today with no fever or anything.  I obsessively took my temp and my pulse ox.  I am fine.  I took it very easy sitting on the couch.  Now I have gone to bed at 8pm.  

It was a horrible air day today so we had to keep the windows and doors closed. Everyone is talking with a rasp here from breathing in all the smoke in the air.  

Lucky is not limping anymore but is favoring that leg so she is staying home too.  I am giving her pain killers to keep her immobile.  She is not happy about the bad air since all she wants to do is lay outside.

I made a fast and easy dish today.  Roasted Red Cabbage.  It turned out really good.  

It is yellowish because I put spices on it: turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin. Yum!

That is about all for today.  It was a busy day doing nothing.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!