Saturday, July 31, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-ONE OF COOKING COURSE

 Wow! It has been over a week since I baked for my cooking course.  I did need a break since I was going 100 MPH there for a few weeks.  

Today I started the French Pastry Classics.  This is another one of those multi-day projects.  I already messed it up by forgetting to take the passion fruit and mango out of the freezer last night so this morning I took the passion fruit and put it in the sunshine and let it melt.  It worked.  I am making a Baba Au Rhum.  I have never heard of it but it looks super good.  I hear there is a French version and an Italian version.  Today I made the dough, let the dough rise and rise again, made the passion fruit syrup, baked the dough, and put the baked dough in the passion fruit syrup overnight.  Tomorrow I have about four things I have to do to finish up.  It should look very cool.  





 I did have a problem with the recipe because the ingredient list left one item out.  It was a crucial item: soy cream.  I only noticed it because my dough was dry and on the video his was watery.  I looked at another place and saw the item was left out off the list.  I added it but later on and my dough was not watery.  I continued on and I think they came out okay.  They taste great and look great.  What could I do at that point?? I wrote to the company and told them maybe they need someone to proof read their recipes.  (this is not the first mistake I found and wrote them about)

Lucky and I walked a mile today. She doesn't seem to be limping anymore.  Maybe she just pulled a muscle.  

Basically that was the day.  I am about to watch Jungle Book on Disney+.  I will write a review tomorrow.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!