Wednesday, July 14, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-SEVEN OF COOKING COURSE

 I was so late cooking today.  Not only did I start late, I ended late.  A bunch of things caused the day to go long.  I read the recipe wrong and did not know I needed to let the dough sit for another hour in the middle of the day.  I had to do some work so I had to start late.  I offered 5 pieces of the chocolate cake to my neighbor and her kids and I waited around for her to show up.  All these things caused me to be finishing up at 5:30pm. 

I made Chocolate Babka today.  I made the pre-dough yesterday and today I made the rest.  It turned out okay.  I don't think it rose enough but it tastes great.  My neighbor says "yummy".  She came over to get the final piece of the chocolate cake and a piece of the babka fresh out of the oven.


Instead of walking outside today I decided to do the inside walking DVD and do 2 miles.  I put it on mute since I know the routine and put on 80's disco music.  It is more fun that way.  YMCA, Stayin' Alive.  So much more fun than their horrible music.  

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!