Sunday, July 25, 2021

HEARTY KALE, BEAN AND ZUCCHINI SOUP

 I spent the weekend cooking some good and hearty food for the week (and to freeze).  I made the sweet, spicy and saucy noodles on Saturday.  Then I made Roasted Potatoes, Zucchini and Chickpeas in a dill sauce.  It is so good.  Roasting the veggies really changes the flavor.

Then I soaked beans overnight and this morning I made soup in the slow cooker.  I unfortunately put it on high instead of low (second time I did this) so it is a little overcooked.  It still tastes really good.  It has kale, zucchini, carrots and beans.  I used the beans from Bob's Mills that a relative sent me.  

It was so filling and tasty.  I ate two bowls of soup.  

This was a slow day.  Lucky finally ate dinner and seems to be feeling better.  It was a hard night with her getting up a few times.  I hope she is on the upswing.

Until tomorrow... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!