Tuesday, July 13, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-SIX OF COOKING COURSE

 Busy Day!  First thing in the morning while I was eating breakfast three fire trucks pulled up in front of my house, sirens going, fire persons jumping out with axes.  It was quite exciting when it isn't your house.  It was my neighbor's house.  They are all fine and there wasn't a fire that I could see.  I think they must have an alarm system that includes fire alarms and someone set it off.  The fire persons were in their house for 3 minutes.  They spent more time getting their gear out and putting it away.  The fireman that I spoke to from my window said "For such a little street we spend an awful lot of time here."  I feel I have a lot to do with that.  I have had many first responders at my house between foster kids and my own health problems.  They tend to recognize me and my house.

Then Lucky and I got in the car and went to the area where the vets office is.  We wanted to get there early so we could get a parking spot.  With all the outdoor seating there is less parking so we needed to get there before the lunch rush.  I found a spot about a block away and filled the meter.  We walked around a bit before our appointment and forgot to go back to put more money in the meter.  I remembered at the same time as our appointment and too late to go back.  We stood outside waiting for the doctor.  He diagnosed Lucky with bacteria in her intestines again.  She had this over a year ago.  She is back on Flagyl again.  She is not going to be happy because the medicine is bitter but she has to do what she has to do.  He feels this will help like last time.  Poor Lucky has an IBS type problem in her stomach/intestines.  Let's hope this helps. It will take over 2 months to see some improvement.  

I wanted to cook but didn't have much time.  I did the pre-dough for the two recipes.  Pre-dough for a slow rise recipe.  It was quick but necessary to leave it for 14 hours to rise.

Then I decided I had a few minutes to make something to get rid of two overripe bananas.  I made Oil-free Banana Brownies.  I ate one and saved one for the dog walker and put the rest in the freezer.  


My neighbor just came by and took the last piece of the sponge cake with strawberries and three pieces of the chocolate cake with raspberries.  He was impressed that I piped the pieces of cake in less than 5 minutes so beautifully.  He also volunteered to pick up the alcohol that I need for the next chapter.  So nice of him.

Until tomorrow....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!