Friday, July 9, 2021

EMERGENCY DENTAL APPOINTMENT

 Okay, it was not an EMERGENCY but an urgent dental appointment.  Turns out my new mouth guard chipped my tooth.  It chipped the back of my front tooth.  My front teeth are naturally separated with a space between my two front teeth.  Think Michal Strahan or Madonna (now not back in the day).  When I was little and had braces I was given the choice to have an operation to remove a muscle that grew between my two front teeth pushing them apart or to get my teeth "bonded" together.  It is not actually bonding but a mesh piece of metal that is cemented to the back of my teeth that holds them together.  It is sort of like a tooth brace.  This is my second or third rendition since every now and then it wears out and breaks while I am eating something I probably should not.  You will never see me eat a whole apple or frozen Snickers (if I ate Snickers) or anything that is hard that I have to bite into.  

So what chipped was the cement on the back of my teeth or that is what I thought.  The cement was chipped but also I have a super small filling in my front tooth.  The mouth guard broke the filling and it felt like a chipped tooth.  The dentist filed down the chipped cement and then filed down the chipped filing.  I haven't looked at it yet but at least my tongue is not getting caught on my front teeth anymore. She also filed down the mouth guard.

Yesterday I made a wonderful Chickpea Pasta Salad.  It is so tasty and I am glad I made enough for a few days.


Lucky and I went for a long walk this afternoon.  The weather was nice.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!