Thursday, July 8, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-FOUR OF COOKING COURSE

I started my day early so I could get this dessert done in one day.  It had many components.  First I had to cook the sponge cake.  Then I had to get the coconut milk in the fridge.  After the cake finished, I was able to take Lucky for a walk while the cake cooled.  

Then I decided to make another recipe for lunch and started boiling pasta.  Once the pasta was done, I made a chickpea pasta salad.  I ate that with an heirloom tomato.

Then I got back to the cake by making the whipped coconut cream.  It tastes amazing.  I spread that on the cake and put strawberry slices on top.  Then I added a glaze on to the strawberries.   

 




I did a little research online.  I searched some of the big medical sites and I found some folks who have had flares after taking the vaccine.  Turns out I am not alone.  There have been folks with rheumatoid arthritis who have been on my type of medication who had to go off the medication to get the vaccine and who then had flares when they returned to their medication.  I feel better now knowing I am not alone.  "The American College of Rheumatology issued guidance regarding COVID-19 vaccination on Feb 8, 2021, and acknowledged a theoretical risk of flare of autoimmune disease after vaccination with moderate consensus."

"Research based on data from the European Alliance of Associations for Rheumatology (EULAR)-COVID-19 Registry and recently presented at the EULAR 2021 Virtual Congress. A 2021 study followed 1,519 people with arthritis and other musculoskeletal conditions, including RA, psoriatic arthritis, and other forms of arthritis. Of the participants, 78% received the Pfizer vaccine, 16% received the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, 5% received the Moderna vaccine, and 1% received an uncertain vaccine type. After vaccination, 5% of the participants experienced arthritic flare-ups, and 1.2% experienced severe flare-ups."

Okay, so I am not crazy.  We all know if there is something out there for me to have or get, I will get or have it.  Now that I know it is a possibility, I can relax and let it run it's course.  I am not sure if I will take the extra prednisone.  I will give it more time to see what happens.

Until tomorrow...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!