Tuesday, August 18, 2020

US POST OFFICE DISAPPOINTMENT

 For anyone who thinks there is no problem with the US Post Office, here is an example of what is going on.  I have been having my mail forwarded since the beginning of Covid-19.  Back in early March my mail was forwarded and it took a few extra days for my mail to get to me.  I know because I have Informed Delivery.  Informed Delivery, if you don't have it or don't have it in your area, is where the USPS scans your mail at the district mail office and emails you a photo of the piece of mail so I know what is coming and when it should be arriving.  

Yesterday I received a piece of mail that arrived at the district mail office and was scanned at the district office on July 31st.  It took 17 days to get to me.  It was a bill and it is due in three days.  How am I supposed to pay it on time?  Don't worry I will, but this is ridiculous.  It isn't just this one piece of mail, it is all my forwarded mail.  I called to make a complaint and I was told to stop the forward and pick it up myself or hire someone to come pick up my mail so I get it on-time.  What kinds of options are those? 

A few months ago the USPS lost a vital piece of mail that was forwarded and it never shown up.  I always had such respect for the USPS but now I am disappointed.  Not at the workers but at the people in charge.  

Years ago I had mail being taken. The USPS Inspector came out and it was a cleaning person taking my Netflix DVDs out of the outgoing mail and watching it and putting it back in the mail.  So my Netflix was arriving later to the Netflix office and I could not understand why it was taking 3-4 days to get back to Netflix.  That was solved so quickly and efficiently I was surprised.  

Not to mention that the USPS will only forward mail for six months and they are not allowing any extensions during Covid-19 when we are not supposed to be going out and moving from state to state.  Isn't that stupid?  What if your business is closed for Covid-19?  What if you needed to leave your home temporarily?  What if you are a college kid who is not going back to college yet?  This is stupid.

This current situation with the USPS is so sad. I hope honor can be brought back the USPS soon.  

I did more online food shopping today.  I got my first delivery today.  I finally got tofu delivered!!!  I am eating some tonight.  Yummm.  The question is am I eating more food or does it just seem like it?  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!