Friday, August 14, 2020

SO HOT

 It is SO HOT today.  Yes, it is hotter other places.  This is not the hottest place around.  Yes, it is probably hotter where you are.  BUT this area is not made for hot weather.  We only get over 95-100 degrees about 5 - 10 days a year.  Our homes do not have double-paned windows.  We do not have air conditioning in our homes.  We do not have very good insulation in our homes (when they opened up my walls they found newspaper in my walls as insulation).  I have a flat top roof.  So my top floor is usually as hot as it is outside.  My lower floor is subterranean so it is usually 20 degrees cooler.

Okay, it was hot today.  Here is the thermostat in the afternoon:

Ignore the dust.  Inside my kitchen was 90 degrees.  On the side of my house in the sun it was 107 degrees.  That is hot.  The fan was just blowing hot air into the house.  At 4 pm I took my temperature and it was 99.8 degrees.  I realized I was not drinking enough water and I was getting heat stroke and needed to go down stairs and cool off and drink some water. 

My day was doing practically nothing but staying cool. Ugh!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!