Monday, August 3, 2020

ACTIVATED MY NEW PHONE

After spending time today backing up the rest of my photos and videos, I finally activated my new cellphone. Okay, don't get too excited. I didn't do it on my own. I learned a few phones ago, not to do it on my own. Too many things can go wrong. At least this time I am sticking with the same brand of phone so there is less of a chance things would go haywire. One time the guy at the cell phone store got too excited and when I was logging in he pressed the wrong Gmail account and now my contacts are split between two Gmail accounts. See stupid things happen during this process. 

I called the cellphone company and they had a recording that they were understaffed due to Covid-19 and I could use their new AI system. Well, that system didn't work the first two times I called today sending me to billing the first time and telling me I was not a customer of theirs the second time but "would I like to keep the same number and be their customer?" For some reason AI systems don't understand me. 

I wanted a human being. I finally tricked the system by pressing zero right after putting in my information. I was put into a cue where they would call me back. An actual human called me back and he was a great help. He walked me through the whole set up and activation. 

I got the phone activated and all my contacts and apps showed up. All my photos and texts are here. It so far is a success. The phone is blue (not my favorite) but with the case on you would never know! 

Now comes the time consuming part of setting everything up the way I like it and logging into all my emails and the apps. It was much less painful than last time. 

I even have the blogger app again and that makes me SO happy. I can post my blog posts from my phone which is so much more convenient sometimes. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!