Saturday, August 15, 2020

NOT EVERYONE IS DEALING WELL

 I did a video chat with a couple who are friends today.  It was a hard video chat for me.  I think I have been pretty upbeat during this Shelter-In-Place.  I have found plenty of things to do while inside.  I am doing a puzzle that will take me a year (if I am lucky), I am cooking, I have been watching a number of series that are super long, I have been watching movies, I have been accessing the library's events, I have been videoing friends and family and I have been trying to workout.  I have also been tackling things around the house.  Of course I am working.

My friends are very down. They are not doing anything but working and going for walks.  They don't like their jobs so the hours they work are not happy hours.  They are not doing anything outside of work.  I tried to get them to do things outside of work virtually but they are not interested.  They say it is not the same.  

No, it is not the same, it is different. It doesn't mean it is better or worse.  I think learning how to open your mind to doing things differently is one key to mentally surviving this time.  Okay, I can't go to a play but I found out my theatre is having plays (either pre-recorded or performed with no audience and filmed) online for a ticket fee that is lower than the regular theatre fee.  I can change my mindset and see a play online or humph that it isn't the same.  I choose to see the play online.  I may see something amazing!  

I may have to limit my communication with these friends because I need some positivity in my life.  They need to work their stuff out and figure it out for themselves.  I have a long haul and I need sunshine and happiness in my life.  

My foster son got his haircut finally!  Hey, it is his hair and I wasn't going to push him to cut his hair but he looks SO much better with a haircut.  He dyed it a few times recently and he didn't wait between each dye so it turned orange and now it is a combo of orange and black.  It will grow out.  He was so excited to show me his haircut he insisted we zoom so I could see it.

It is SO hot here today. 

Not as hot as yesterday but still how.  At 1:36pm it was 93 degrees in my backyard and 77 degrees downstairs.  That 77 degrees felt SO good.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!