Wednesday, August 26, 2020

HOTEL FIGHT IS OVER!

 The fight with the hotel is over!  Here's the backstory.  

Back in January I stayed in a hotel that I pre-paid (never doing that again).  Within the time frame, I cancelled one of the days and got my money back.  I did the whole reservation through a third party.  My time at the hotel was okay.  When I arrived they charged me for the day I cancelled. I talked to management and got my money back.  Then it happened again.  I got my money back again.  Then the day I checked out it was 3 am and I didn't check my bill carefully and they charged me again. I called and got my money back again. The next month I got my credit card bill and once again I was charged. I called the hotel and got my money back again.  Then the next month I got charged again. This time I went to the credit card fraud department and they gave me my money back and then the hotel appealed it.  I appealed the appeal and got my money back. Then the hotel appealed the appeal and I got charged again. At this point it had been going on for 6 months.  

I tried to call the third party vendor around April but due to Covid-19 it was impossible to get through. They even had a third party answering calls.  I left a message but never got a call back.  I decided to call again in July and got right through to the nicest person.  She got right on the case and in a day or two I got a response that I was going to get a refund.  I was hesitant to be happy because I had been down this road before.  Well, today I got my credit card bill and there was a credit for the hotel bill.  Yippee!  It looks like the nightmare is over.  It only took 7 months to get this sorted.  But I have my almost $200 back just in time to help pay for my very expensive crown!  

My hoola hoop is great!  I am so excited.  I hoola hooped for 5 minutes today and I was exhausted.  It seemed so easy as a child.  I do have to explain it is a weighted hoola hoop so it takes more energy than the plastic hoola hoops we bought at the 5 & 10 and had as children.   I think it will be great fun.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!