Thursday, August 13, 2020

NEW LAMP AND REMOTE

 So excited!  My new lamp arrived today.  I cheated and opened the box with gloves on and put the lamp together.  It went together easily and it looks fantastic.  My living room looks so bright now.  It also looks SO much better with this brass and white lamp as opposed to that old black industrial lamp.  

The black lamp is falling apart but I am planning on redoing my office so I will wait to get a new lamp after I redo the office. This lamp is really nice.

I also got my universal remote for my office TV.  Don't ask me where the remote for that TV has gone to.  I don't know.  I have my suspicions.  I opened the remote packaging and read the directions.  They seemed easy.  I chose to do the manual directions.  I chose a code for the TV and followed the directions and entered the code and boom! the TV worked.  On the first try.  The TV turns on/off and the volume up/down. I also made sure I could change the Input.  All good.  Then I did the most important thing: I wrote down the code that works on the direction manual. I then filed that in my TV file.  I learned over the years that things happen: dogs walk on remote controls, batteries die and remotes lose the code.  I hate not knowing the code 13 months from now so I write it down and easy peasy I can reprogram it.  It was a good day for Amazon. 

It was not a good day for my new rental neighbors.  I think I saw someone steal their packages. It happened so fast that by the time I realized what happened, it was over. I heard Lucky barking and I thought a delivery was happening. I was downstairs riding my stationary bike. I came upstairs and saw a car out front. A girl was carry/dragging a big box into the waiting car. She put the box in the backseat. She looked up and saw me watching and she shoved the box in the back seat. It would not fit but the person driving must have said "get in" cause she got in the passenger seat and they drove off with the package sticking out the open door. This all happened in seconds. When I saw them drive off with the door open I knew they were stealing it.  I have them on my camera but it doesn't show a license plate. It is one of those Kia Soul cars in white.  That is the best I can do. The girl had a mask on. Two days ago I stopped the Amazon guy from leaving a package on their door step because I was afraid it would get stolen. They are new renters and I guess they don't know not to get packages delivered when they are not home. 

Someone also told me people are going around opening garage doors and stealing things. That is scary. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!