Thursday, August 20, 2020

FRUIT AND VEGGIE THEFT

 What a day!  At 3 am my food box of veggies and fruit was delivered to my front door.  At 6:08am a car drove up and a man jumped out and stole my box of fruits and veggies.  I was so annoyed when I woke up and my box was gone.

I jumped into action.  I called the company and had them give me money back (on a one time basis) and I ordered another box for next week as a special order.  Then I figured out what I could do to have this not happen again.  Obviously people are getting desperate if they are stealing food and not just electronics.

I did some research online and noticed that my neighbor was having a locksmith work on their house. I called that company and told them I saw their truck across the street. The woman answering the phone figured out the guy could fit me in since it was a little job. I decided the best thing to do was to change my gate and front door locks to be different locks (they needed to be changed anyway since someone has a copy of my front door key) and buy one of those lock box things that construction and realtors use.  The locksmith had a lock box on his truck I could buy. In 20 minutes he had my locks changed, 4 copies of the keys and my lock box all while social distancing.  

I then called my sister-in-law to find out how to use the lock box and chatted a bit. The lock box was super easy to use.  I made some labels to make sure the person using it remembers to return the key, close the lid and scramble the code.  

Then I needed to report the theft.  Reporting thefts are important to make sure the police count each theft and get the funding they need.  Since I had the video, I had to have the police come to the house and social distance.  I showed them the video and they asked me to send them this video and the video of the neighbor's possible theft.  I sent that and then I was done.  I feel so much better now that it was taken care of.  It took a whole day but it is completed.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!