Wednesday, August 19, 2020

FIGHTING A BOUT OF COSTOCHONDRITIS

 I have been fighting a bout of costochondritis.  For those of you new to this blog, costochondritis is an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage. The condition usually affects the cartilage where the upper ribs attach to the breastbone, or sternum, an area known as the costosternal joint or costosternal junction. Chest pain caused by costochondritis can range from mild to severe. The pain may radiate to the back or the abdomen. It may also get worse if you move, stretch, or breathe deeply.

Severe cases may cause shooting pains down your limbs or unbearable chest pain that interferes with your life and doesn’t seem to go away. The condition often goes away within a few weeks, but some cases may require treatment. 

My case has been waning in the past few days and I think (cross your fingers) it is going away.  I did some Zumba today and that should be a good test to see if it is going away.  

 There are fires everywhere out here. It is devastating.  I am once again horrified for those who are being evacuated and are loosing everything.  I can not even imagine.  The air when I woke up today was so smokey I had to put on a mask to go outside.  I started coughing just trying to breathe.  I realized that despite it being in the high 80's today I would not be able to open any windows or doors.  I had my fan running all day. I used towels to plug up any space under doors where smoke was entering.  Hermetically sealing the house.  The smoke makes me cough and makes the back of my throat get scratchy (like you wee at a smokey club all night dancing, wait do people do that anymore?).  They say it will be days before we can open a window again.  Just a couple of days ago I laughed at a friend who bought a standing air conditioner.  I thought it was unnecessary.  Well, who is laughing now?  

 Until tomorrow... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!