Monday, August 17, 2020

GOOD WEEK OF GOOD FOOD

 Today was another warm, humid, slightly stormy day.  So very unlike this time of the year.  I hear there maybe more lightening tonight. It was not as hot so I was able to cook this afternoon.  First I made a vegan macaroni salad.  It is very tasty. 

I was in such a hurry to eat some I forgot to take a photo.  But trust me it looks just like the photo in the link and it was SO good.

Then at dinner time I made Green Bean & Mushroom Casserole with Wild Rice.  It was so much better than I anticipated.  The fresh green beans I had went bad so I had to use canned green beans.  I also used canned mushrooms instead of fresh.  It was a trick I learned in a cooking show.  They were going to be cooked anyway.  The canned green beans were not the greatest (frozen would have been better if I had them) but the canned mushrooms were fantastic.  The casserole was so delicious.  The rice was not bland or dry at all.  It was moist and seasoned.  It will be a good thing to eat for the week.  Once again I was rushing to watch the Democratic National Convention and I forgot to take a photo.

It will be a good week of good food. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!