Monday, August 31, 2020

SO DISAPPOINTED IN THE USPS

 I got a letter in the mail today.  It arrived in a plastic bag with a notice on it from the USPS saying it had been opened.  I opened the plastic bag and there was a card inside. The card had been opened by being slit along the top like with a knife.  Inside was a HELLO card from a friend with a letter inside the card.  It was not like a Hallmark card.  On the outside of the envelope there was a stamp from the USPS and checked off was that the envelope was unsealed (which it wasn't) and that it was in damaged condition.  The envelope was sealed.  The stamp was not canceled with a postmark so I can't see where and when it was mailed.  I know it was mailed around July 20, 2020 in New York because that is where my friend lives.  

My assumption is that someone at the post office intercepted the letter before it got to the machine that postmarks the letters and opened it looking for money or a check.  The letter then got put in some sort of bin that it got across the country and got to my main post office where they realized it was opened and stamped it, put a line through the stamp (thereby canceling it) and put it in the plastic bag.  All of that took a month.  

Tell me again that there is nothing wrong with the post office?  I have never in all my years had a piece of mail opened in such a blatant way.  

So the USPS tally since February:

  • 17 day delay in forwarded mail
  • opened piece of mail that took a month to be delivered
  • lost paycheck that has never surfaced

I have been such a USPS supporter and they are loosing my loyalty.  I am so disappointed.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!