Sunday, August 23, 2020

DINNER THEATRE

 I picked some tomatoes from my tomato plant.  I have at least 20 more tomatoes that are not ripe. 

I was sent these photos from the dog walker. Isn't Lucky cute?

I spent most of my day talking and video chatting with friends and family. It is good to connect even if it is not in person.  Oh, I forgot to mention, my friend S and I have signed up for three plays that we will watch together (separately of course) online.   I am real excited. I think we may make a night of it and order food to eat during the performance.  Dinner theatre!  Plus something to look forward to over the next few months.

Since I didn't get my fruit and veggie box this week I had to rethink my meal plan.  I was going to make Natalie Portman's Chickpea and Zucchini Summer Stew.  With no zucchini that would be hard!  I had to pivot to making something with no fresh vegetables and instead I made One-Pot Chickpea Tikka Masala with brown rice and grilled tofu on the side.  It was a filling and nutritious dinner.  I didn't have the fire-roasted diced tomatoes but it was plenty spicy for me with all the other spices. I was thinking I would throw in some hot sauce if I needed it. I did not put in the jalapenos either. That would be too spicy for me.  This is why I like to cook Indian and Mexican food at home, I can adjust the spiciness to my own taste.  I say mild at a restaurant and my mild and other people's mild are usually two different things!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!