Wednesday, March 18, 2020

YUP, I GOT IT

Well, I knew this was a possibility.  Maybe more of a probability.  I am sick.  I guess the stress of the last few weeks has caught up with me.  Maybe the germs of another person landed on me?  Who knows?   Either way I am sick.

Late last night I waited for the phone call from my doctor's office but no one called.  I actually fell asleep with the phone in my hand.  First thing this morning I called my doctor's office and left a message and he called me back around lunch time.  I explained to him that my chest feels like there is a vise around it or an elephant sitting on it.  I am coughing.  My nose is running.  He said it sounds like a secondary bacterial infection such as pnenomia or it is Covid19.  He did not want me coming anywhere near his office at the hospital.  He said there are no Covid tests and I didn't fit the category for testing.  I have not traveled overseas and I don't have a fever.  The prednisone I take has probably stopped any fever.  I don't get fevers.

The doctor called in some antibiotics and other medicine and said I need to call/email him every day to check in.  I need to stay quarantined.

My friend M very nicely offered to pick up my meds and then we spoke in my doorway for 30 minutes (with a 6 foot distance).

Now I relax and wait and see what happens.  There is nothing I can do about it but relax.

Woman's Month person: Clara Barton was the founder of the Red Cross in 1881. During the American Civil War (1861-65) Clara distributed medical supplies, worked near the front lines and treated both Union and Confederate men. Her work earned her the nickname ‘Angel of the Battlefield’.

 Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!