Tuesday, March 3, 2020

FINALLY I GOT TO VOTE

Today was going along swimmingly, as they say, and I was working on a hard project.  Late in the afternoon I still had not taken my ballot down to drop in the ballot box.  I took both dogs outside and headed down the 10 blocks to vote.  I met some neighbors and stopped to chat for a few minutes.

Then I started walking again and thought I should check to see Happi is okay.  I get these feelings sometimes.  You know like a feeling that something is going to happen.  I get feelings that I should get off the road when I am driving.  I get feelings that someone is going to call and then they call.  Anyway, I got a feeling that I should check my camera for Happi.

I checked the camera and Happi was on the ground in the middle on my bedroom.  She could not get up and it looked like she had been there for a number of minutes.  There was no public transport so I had to hoof it home.  When I got home I saw on the camera, Happi had been on the ground more than 10 minutes.  She went to get a drink and to poop and she fell.  Her front leg is so weak that she could not get up.  She was on the floor trying to get up for many minutes when she pushed her head under a piece of heavy furniture and got her head stuck.  When I walked in her head was stuck and she was screaming.  There was poop and blood on the floor and Happi had been rolling around in it.  It was not a pretty scene.  I first got her head unstuck and then I put her in the shower to rinse her off.  Then I cleaned up the floor and put her in a fresh bed.

I texted a few neighbors to see if anyone was heading down to vote and if they could take my ballot.  Then I rang my young neighbors to see if they were going out and if they could take it.  One of the guys said he was going for a walk later and he would take it.  I am pretty sure that was a lie but he was very sweet to help me out.  They were very concerned about Happi.  So I got to vote after all.

Women's Month person of the day:  Amelia Earhart, the first woman aviator to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.  Imagine flying a small open air airplane across the Atlantic Ocean.  To me that is so scary.  I think she was so brave!



Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!