Thursday, March 19, 2020

DAY 2 SICK

Not only an sheltering-in-place, I am quarantined in my home.  My world keeps getting smaller.  I messaged my doctor this morning to say I feel the same as yesterday.  He wrote back "let's see how you feel tomorrow."

My day consisted of mostly work and TV.  I dealt with Amazon to get my refund for the two packages that never arrived.  I got my refund so I am happy.  Then I wrote some thank you notes and pondered how to mail them.  I stopped the mail man and asked him.  He didn't know because no one quarantined had asked him.  Finally we agreed that I would wash my hands and put on rubber gloves.  Then I would take the mail and put it in a plastic bag and seal it up.  Then I tossed it down the stairs.  He took it with gloves and used a wipe to clean the plastic bag.  In case anyone is interested the CDC states the virus only stays on cardboard for 24 hours.

My friend M stopped by with the rest of my prescriptions and we chatted for a while.  He is great about staying even though he is supposed to be at home working.I had video calls with my brother and father.  Friends texted through the day.

My young neighbor volunteered (once I cornered him) to take out my trash cans.  He used some rubber gloves to move my bins.  I was so happy since I cleared out my fridge and I was worried the stuff was going to smell in a few weeks.

All in all it was a busy day.  A few days ago I put these sheets on my bed and they are cheering me up.  I have had them for years but never used them.  Now was the perfect time:


  Women's Month person: Estee Lauder was the founder of a global cosmetics company.  Known for her marketing acumen, she built a beauty empire – including brands such as Bobbi Brown and Clinique – which eventually made her one of the richest self-made women in the world.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!