Sunday, March 15, 2020

TIDBITS FROM THE LAST FEW DAYS

Here are some interesting tidbits from the last few days:

I was in a little grocery store this morning at 7 am after getting gasoline.  The store had only about 25 people in it.  The food was still in the boxes with the plastic wrap.  The employees were stacking the food on the shelves.  The people were just ripping the plastic off the boxes and taking the food out of the boxes to buy.  It was a bit chaotic.  I joined in to get what I needed.  I got it all but soy milk and bread.  Oh well.

There was a fight at a supermarket in my town.  I didn't witness it but I saw a video.  The lack of supplies was to blame.  I don't know what they were fighting over but I am sure it was toilet paper.

If you haven't seen the hamster showing the COVID19 rules, you have to.  Here is the link.  It is in a John Oliver segment.   Go to minute 11:35 to see the hamster or just watch the whole show.  That hamster is hysterical.

Then of course there is Gloria Gaynor singing I will Survive.

Isn't that great!  That is all I have today. 

Women's Month person: Gloria Gayner was born Gloria Fowles in Newark, New Jersey.  She is an American singer, best known for the disco era hits "I Will Survive", "Never Can Say Goodbye","Let Me Know (I Have a Right)", and "I Am What I Am".  In January 2020, she won her second Grammy Award in her career, 40 years after her first (for I Will Survive), for her roots gospel album Testimony.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!