Monday, March 30, 2020

NOT A WHOLE LOT HAS CHANGED IN MY DAY

I can't believe March is almost over.  It seemed to go so fast.  Granted I had a lot of things happen but still it seemed to zoom by.

I know a lot of people have had their lives horribly interrupted and things are so different now that they are staying inside the majority of their time.  I hear people talking about going stir crazy.

This shelter-in-place is not much different than my normal life.  I work from home most days so I am home a lot.  I spend a lot of my time speaking to people on the phone, through my computer and on email or text.  Outside of the shelter-in-place, occasionally I go to a clients office for a few hours for a meeting or to do work but I am not part of their team.

Of course I miss running errands and taking Lucky for a walk.  I also need a haircut badly!  My backyard was supposed to be cleared out right before Happi passed on but my gardener's dog got sick and she had to cancel and we never got to reschedule before Covid-19 hit.  Now it looks like a jungle and Lucky will only venture into parts that are not overgrown.  Lucky needs her shots but that will have to wait until the crisis is over.  No vets office is giving shots now; emergency visits only.  But these things will get done in time. 

I am also monitoring my food.  I have a bag of potato chips I am waiting for the right moment to open.  I only have so much bread and once that is gone, well, I may be able to get a neighbor to buy some more or I may not, so I have to ration the baked goods.   I have wraps for when the bread is gone but they are not as good or filling.  Just like I have English muffin-type things for breakfast but once they are gone it will be oatmeal until this ends.  I was going to buy some peanut butter but what cost $9 two weeks ago now cost $23.  I will go without peanut butter. 

Overall, not a lot has changed on the day to day for me.  I get up and work (sometimes in my PJs) and then the day is over.  I am so happy when I get to talk or Facetime with a friend or family member.   I want to hear how their days are in this changing time.

Just a funny picture of Lucy.  She wanted to be the Queen of the Dog Walker's car.  Don't worry the car was stopped.


Women's Month person: Helen Keller was an American author, political activist, and lecturer. She was the first deaf-blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree. The story of Keller and her teacher, Anne Sullivan, was made famous by Keller's autobiography, The Story of My Life, and its adaptations for film and stage, The Miracle Worker.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!