Thursday, March 12, 2020

PHISHING PHONE CALL

I had the craziest thing happen.  While I was at the vet's with Lucky, I got a phone call from the electric and gas company.  At least that is what the caller ID said.  I was checking out from the vet's office so I really wasn't paying attention too closely.  I answered and there was a recording saying that my electricity and gas would be turned off because my payment didn't arrive.  I immediately hung up, not because I thought anything but because Lucky came out from the backroom at that moment and she is always a ball of energy. 

We walked to the car with me stressing.  Did I pay the bill?  Was my electricity and gas going to be shut off?  They don't turn your electricity and gas off after missing one bill so why would they be calling me? 

I got in the car and googled the electricity and gas phone number and called them.  I first checked my balance and that seemed okay.  Then I checked my contact information and my cellphone number is not even listed.  Then I spoke to a customer service person and sure enough, everything was good.  It was a phishing phone call.  They wanted me to think it was the electricity and gas company and give them my credit card number.  That is something I would never do.

I got home and my electric and gas were on and working fine.  Why is it these types of things always happen when you are at your most stressed out?  It is like the phishers have a sense of when you can't focus on them phishing you. 

Poor Lucky is still not feeling well.  The vet wants me to try some of Happi's medicine on her to see if that gives her some comfort.  I just want it to make her sleep! 

Women's Month person: Katherine Graham, was the first female publisher of a major American newspaper after she took the helm of the Washington Post Company in 1963 after the death of her husband (while being a mother to 4 children).  She the first female CEO of a Fortune 500 company after taking the company public in 1972. In 1971, she oversaw the publication of the Pentagon Papers and coverage of the Watergate scandal that toppled President Nixon.

 Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!