Tuesday, March 10, 2020

A NIGHT IN THE DOGGIE ER

Last night didn't end after I wrote my post.  At 11pm Lucky started crying and running around the house.  She would not stop no matter what I did.  She would not eat cookies or get into bed.  She wanted to go outside and eat these sticky leaves (weeds) that grow outside.  She would not go down the stairs without me going with her.  Then she started vomiting. 

At 2 am she had now vomited 5 times and had been crying for 3 hours.  I was afraid something really bad was happening.  Plus I could not sleep.  I drove her to the ER vet.  They x-rayed her stomach and gave her some anti-nausea meds.  We got home and she climbed in my bed (something she is not regularly allowed to do) and went to sleep.

When we woke up, I called her regular doctor because she once again would not eat and I could not get her to take the meds the doctor had given her yesterday.  The doctor wanted to see her so we went into their office.  They ran blood work and gave her a different medicine.  She had this same thing 4 months ago and that medicine worked really well.  So we are going to try it again.

I brought her home and she took a nap.  She has been low key today but I got the new meds into her and I smelt her passing some gas so that is a step in the right direction. 

Women's Month person: Frida Kahlo was a Mexican painter known for her many portraits, self-portraits, and works inspired by the nature and artifacts of Mexico. She employed a naïve folk art style to explore questions of identity, postcolonialism, gender, class, and race in Mexican society.


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!