Friday, March 13, 2020

HAPPI PASSED ON



At 6:00 pm tonight Happi departed this world.  Happi was 15-1/2 years old and she lived an amazing life.  The doctor called her a Miracle Dog after all she lived through.  She slipped peacefully into sleep and then she was gone.  I am hoping she is off in doggie heaven playing with the other dogs; running and smiling again.   I will miss my love, my protector, my friend.  She and I have been through so much together.  She loved it when I told her The Story of Happi.  Here is The Story of Happi:

Once upon a time there was a dog named Happi. Happi was born on an island called Palau in the middle of the ocean.  She was a street dog and she didn't live with a family but she was fed on people's porches.  One day she was running in the street when she was hit by a car.  A visiting microbiologist saved her life by operating on her.  Then a few days later Dr Jen arrived from the Human Society RAVS program and she did the surgery the correct way by taking the whole shoulder off.  Dr Jen spay her so she could not have any puppies.  Then Dr. Jen didn't want to leave her in Palau (they still eat dog there) so she put Happi on 3-days of plane rides to get to the USA.  While Dr. Jen was in Palau, my dog Taiko passed away.  I was so very sad and Dr. Jen was sad she could not be there for me.  When she arrived back in the USA, she called to tell me about Happi!  She asked if I would take her for a few hours.  Of course Happi never went back.  She dove in that dog bed and didn't want to get out.

Unfortunately Happi had heartworm.  It took two shots in the heart to kill the heartworm and I was told that she would have a shortened life because of the injections. 

Happi was a happy, smiling dog.  She loved to run in the park.  She greeted all the other dogs and people.  Years later I got Lucky because I thought Happi needed a sister.  At first they didn't get along too well.  Each tried to bully the other but then they settled in.

During a domestic violence incident, Happi was my protector.  She would come and stand by me but was never violent or had to growl.  You just knew she was my protector. 

Two years ago Happi and I were in a car accident.  The man hit my car and Happi was very shaken up.  She was wearing a seat belt and was not hurt but there was no getting her in a car again without her screaming.  I took her to get checked after the accident and thank goodness I did.  She had a tumor.  They rushed to remove it and it was not cancerous.  It was a bleeding tumor that would have eventually killed her.  That man saved her life.  Now you see why the doctor calls her the Miracle Dog.  She has escaped death three times. 

Happi has not had the best experience with cars.  I can see why she didn't want to get in them in the end of her days.  Cars brought her nothing but pain.

In the end Happi was cared for and loved until her dying breath.  I see her now running and playing  in a field with other dogs as she should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!