Wednesday, March 4, 2020

CORONAVIRUS FLYERING

I was up and in the shower at 5:30 am.  I made a commitment to help the community and I wanted to keep that commitment.  I was afraid to leave Happi but in my sleep (or non-sleep) I came up with an idea of how to pen her in an area of the room so she won't walk around and subsequently fall.  I got up and got the dogs fed and let them out.  Then I put Happi in her bed and put the baby gate a foot and half from the bed.  Therefore she was penned in between the bed, gate, wall and my bed.  I put the water in the "pen" and off I went.  The only thing I forgot to do was put the camera on before the scheduled "on" time so I could not see how she did for the first hour.  But she seemed okay when I got home so that is a win.

I was down in the city handing out informational flyers from the city health department about the coronavirus.  It gives people the low down on how to keep from getting it.  The basics: wash your hands, cover your cough, get a flu shot, and stay home if you are sick.  I handed out flyers for almost two hours.  I found it fun and most people were appreciative.  I was near a small homeless encampment and during a slow time I went over and explained it all to them.  I mostly discussed the first two items: washing your hands and covering your cough.  Most of the folks were interested and asked great questions.  The people going to work asked some questions too and some I could answer but a bunch I could not answer.  Even though I explained that I was a volunteer, I was still asked questions like I was a staff person with the Health Department. I wish I could do it again this week but I have other stuff planned during the times to volunteer.


Women's Month woman: Amy Tan is a writer and her first novel, The Joy Luck Club, won international acclaim. Besides writing, Tan plays in a rock 'n roll band called The Rock Bottom Remainders with several other famous writers, including Stephen King and Scott Turow.

 Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!