Friday, March 20, 2020

RUSHED TO THE ER

This morning I started getting sharp pains in my chest.  My cousin convinced me I should call my doctor.  A few hours later my doctor called me back and said I should immediately go the ER.  I had to get myself ready; pack my bag in case I have to stay.  Get the dogs and bird ready.  Text my emergency people for the pets.  Put on my gloves and mask and call a taxi.

I get to the hospital and I am greeted by a people covered head-to-toe with plastic.  They asked me if I had any of the symptoms on a list.  I had two.  I was told to go to the "hot zone".  It was a cordoned off area in the lobby.  I was the only person there.  I was there about 45 minutes before the next person came to ask me questions about my symptoms.  Then a triage nurse came and took my vitals right there in the lobby.  I was pretty quickly moved to the EKG since I was having chest pains and I atrial tachycardia.  My heart was fine but the tech was a technician student and was oversaw by a doctor.  I was moved to a room.  The halls were empty and it was super creepy how quiet and empty it all was.

They ran an x-ray, blood work and the covid test.  I was told to wait two hours before anyone would come back and give me results.  The covid test was the nasal test.  They stick two really thin q-tip type swabs up your nasal passages (way up) and it burns.  Although ripping the tape off my IV hurt way more.   One of the blood tests had a problem so I had to wait an extra 45 minutes for them to run it over again.  I came prepared with my phone and my Ipad.

After about 4 hours, I was told that everything came out great (whatever that means) and I would be called in 3-7 days with the results of the covid19 test.  I was to finish the antibiotics and quarantine myself until I hear the results.  If I walk across the floor and can't breath or faint, come back to the ER.

I got in a taxi and went home.  I stripped off my clothes and took a shower immediately.

Women's Month person: Diana, Princess of Wales was the first wife of Charles, Prince of Wales, and the mother of Prince William and Prince Harry. Diana's activism and glamour made her an international icon and earned her an enduring popularity as well as an unprecedented public scrutiny, exacerbated by her tumultuous private life.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!