Tuesday, March 31, 2020

FACETIME WITH MY FAMILY

I got to Facetime with my niece and nephew today.  It was great!  They told me all about their day.  They showed me some work they have been working on.  At one point I was just looking at their fireplace and I could hear voices but I could not see any bodies.  My dog Lucky saw their dog Matisse but dogs don't see screens so it was more fun for us than for the dogs. 

The first thing I was asked was how sad I was that Happi died?  I know it is the type of things kids ask and I know they mean well but it took the air out of me.  I miss her every day.  I sometimes go downstairs to get her and forget she isn't here anymore.  I asked them if they were sad about Happi and my niece said she was sad she never got to meet Happi in person.  I am sad about that too.  My nephew was here when my sister-in-law was pregnant with him.  I remember Happi jumping on their bed.  She was a little devil and always wanted to jump on beds.  She loved to run in circles (always to the right or she would tip over!) on a bed like she was on fire!  She would mess up all the sheets and blankets. 

We talked about all sorts of things.  My nephew told me about a project he was working on.  It was way above my pay grade and he is just a little guy.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the guys that forecasts baseball players performance.  Like in that movie Moneyball where he uses statistical data to analyze and place value on the players he picks for the team.  

I had a great time spending time with them over video.  It was like being there.   This week I have video chatted with my sister-in-law in NJ and these guys.  It is fun catching up and seeing what folks are up to.

Women's Month person (last day): Ruth Bader Ginsberg (RBG) is an American lawyer and jurist who is an Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Ginsburg was appointed by President Bill Clinton and took the oath of office on August 10, 1993. She is the second female justice (after Sandra Day O'Connor) of four to be confirmed to the court (along with Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan, who are still serving).  Ginsburg became more forceful with her dissents, which were noted by legal observers and in popular culture. She is generally viewed as belonging to the liberal wing of the court. Ginsburg has received attention in American popular culture for her fiery liberal dissents and refusal to step down; she has been dubbed "The Notorious R.B.G." in reference to the late rapper known as "The Notorious B.I.G.". A Lego mini-figurine of Ginsburg is shown within a brief segment of The Lego Movie 2.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!