Tuesday, March 1, 2022

SURPRISE GARDENER VISIT

 Today was a day of surprise. My gardener called to see if I wanted him to come and fix my drip system. My drip system had one of the thingys come off and when I turned it on the water shot into my neighbors yard. He came by and fixed my system and weeded the whole yard. Since the last rain the dreaded clover popped up again. I know he told me to spray it with vinegar but with my sore hands there was no way I could spray my whole backyard with vinegar. The clover was everywhere again. The gardener brought his sweet pit bull named Veronica and she stayed in the backyard while Lucky stayed inside. I thought Lucky would go crazy with another dog out back but she didn't even seem like she noticed. I think having a doggie daycare a couple houses away has made her immune to dog noises in the backyard. Those doggie daycare dogs are always barking at her and she just ignores them. The backyard looks great!

I spent some time inside working on the kitchen. Since I moved everything out of the kitchen due to the ants, I rearranged everything when I put it back. I now have a breakfast area where I have my tea pot and toaster oven. Then I have all my baking equipment on my main counter. This will allow me to finish the few desserts I have to finish and move on to making bread. I need space to make bread. 

I made a Chickpea, Kale Tomato Soup tonight. It is so delicious. It was supposed to be made with fire roasted tomatoes but I like it better with regular tomatoes and some sriracha. It is just the right amount of spicy. 

My neighbor came by to get his cookies and his review is "DAMN THOSE ARE DELICIOUS. 3 gone already." That was 2-hours after he picked them up.  He was touched that I designed them with his college logo.

That was my whole day. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so good. Did I mention my beloved Indiana University is IU Cream and Crimson? Using an interlocking I and U. But well I mean I ma not picky. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think vegan cookies will ship too well but you are in my thoughts.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!