Saturday, March 5, 2022

DAY TWO HUNDRED TEN OF COOKING COURSE

 I had such big plans for today but not too many of those plans came to fruition. I wanted to finish the chocolate dessert that has been taking up real estate in my fridge for a week and I did do that. I wanted to start my taxes but I did not do that. I wanted to run the dish washer and wash the dishes and I did that. I wanted to do a load of laundry and I did not do that. I wanted to take Lucky on a short walk and I did that. So I got some of my wants done. 

I finished the chocolate dessert cup done finally after 1) the whipped cream dispenser didn't work and I had to get a new one shipped to me and 2) the store didn't have any vegan soy cream to make the recipe. I tried another way to make the chocolate espuma but it didn't seem to work so I bagged the recipe and made coconut chocolate pudding instead. It looks fine but it isn't as light and creamy and I didn't get to use my fun new gadget. 


The bottom layer is a chocolate "biscuit" like a cakey layer, then the next layer is the chocolate pudding and then chocolate crumble. The crumble is my favorite because it is chocolate but not too sweet and crunchy. 

I gave one chocolate dessert cup to my neighbor and have some left for some other folks. This is the last chocolate dessert for a while. I never thought I would be a little sick of chocolate.

They just announced the next chapter in the cooking course and it is American Cuisine. It should be interesting to see what Europeans think is American Cuisine.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my blood sugar just went up 200 points. It tends to that when I read about tasty things that are full of carbohydrates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even my blood sugar went up eating this. It was very chocolatey. I called it death by chocolate.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!