Monday, March 21, 2022

PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT APPOINTMENT

I got up early for my appointment. I had my plan all ready. I was double masked  I got to the building and found the stairs to walk up. In the doctor's office I was immediately ushered to the back when I arrived. They handed me a cup to do a urine test. I peed in the cup and almost knocked the cup on the floor. BAM! 

I went to see the physician asst (PA) and she was very nice. She talked to me for a long time and asked lots of questions. When we were done I peed in a cup again but it wasn't enough. I had to get home for a virtual gig interview so I rushed home. I made it with one minute to spare. 

I was given a lab slip so I went back a few hours later. I go to that lab regularly (during non-COVID years)so everyone knows me. I peed in the cup successfully and the lab folks started working on it immediately. 

The PA thinks three things 1) I have a UTI and did not get the right antibiotics, 2) I have inflamed interstitial cistitis which is inflammation of the bladder wall, or 3) something else that would require me to see a gynecological urologist. 

Step 1 is the find the results of the urine test. That will take three days.  Step 2 is to cut out a LONG list of things from my diet for 10 days and then reintroduce them one at a time. All the things are acidic such as citrus, coffee, chocolate, almost all fruit, spicy food, sugar, all sweets, etc. I am less excited about this for obvious reasons. But if it helps. 

I made vegan creamy mushroom udon noodle soup. It is so delicious. 
Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Yumm creamy mushroom soup. I love it. Hoping you get better, this has been a journey for certain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope it is a journey with a happy ending. LOL

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!