Thursday, March 24, 2022

RECOVERY DAY TEN

 I am feeling about 10% better. It is good news. Removing all good food from my diet has made me feel better. I am able to eat my normal breakfast of a muffin and peanut butter with a banana. I haven't really eaten lunch. Dinners are where I have to get creative. 

Tonight I made a vegan warm potato & parsnip, wild rice salad.  I used the potato and parsnips from yesterday and made some wild rice and put it over romaine lettuce. I can not eat salad dressing so I used salt and pepper. It was very tasty. 

Yesterday and today were tough days. I am not really a very depressed-type person but the idea of having another autoimmune type disease that would effect my life in a large way seemed a bit overwhelming. I reviewed all the data and read all that I could find about IC. I reviewed all the good and bad food items on the list and tried to make a meal plan. My whole life has been turned upside down because I can't do any of my baking or cooking for my cooking course. These have been activities that occupy much of my time while I am housebound.

The way I deal with change is to make a plan, find out all I can about it and figure out a way to live with it. This time it seemed a bit too much. Almost everything I eat is on the bad list. Today I decided to take this change as a challenge and learn how to be more creative in my cooking. Once I realized this is my new project I can do, I am in a happier headspace. I can make food that is really creative until I can get back to my cooking and baking. 

Lucky and I took a short walk today. She was so happy.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I know these past 10 days have been tough. But, lets hope the days ahead will be getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your inspirational words. I am trying to keep a positive attitude.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!