Monday, February 28, 2022

TALK ABOUT MY HEALTH

 This was a big work day. I tried to get all the laundry done too but I could only get 1/2 of it done. Tomorrow is another day.

Update on Lucky: she seems to be doing better. I took her for a short walk because I had an appointment. Also my sister called and we talked while Lucky and I walked. I didn't see Lucky limp but I didn't give her 100% of my attention.

I need to talk about my health. This is after all a blog about rheumatoid arthritis. I have not been doing well for about five days. I thought it would go away so that is why I didn't write about it before. 

Last week I started not feeling well. Then I realized I had a UTI. That is an infection and my body does not like infections and it rebels. I did not take the Orencia because I am now on antibiotics. My hands started to hurt quite a lot last week. So much that it is hard to hold a cup or a glass. Scissors hurt my hands. I think you get the idea. As usual I pushed through. My hands have not gotten better and I wake up and they are swollen. 

In the mornings my feet hurt and my joints are red hot. It has not been a very fun time. I know it will be better and I just have to keep keeping on. Last Monday I took it easy because I was so fatigued I basically could not move. I think I need a day or two more like that but I don't know when that will be. I have clients, taxes, a dog and a bird that have to be handled. 

Today I decided to go through a cabinet in my kitchen that held my dog's medication. I had not gone through it since my sweet Happi passed away. Happi had a number of medical issues at the end and took a lot of medication. Plus I have the small amount of medication that has expired from Lucky. The lot of it filled almost a whole paper shopping bag. I can now find a disposal location. I think I will clean out my own medications too. I am sure there are a few expired medications in my cabinet even though I did a clean out right before lockdown. I have a lot of room in my kitchen cabinet now and could move some stuff around.

I am making my kitchen easier to cook and bake. It makes me so happy to have more room. At one point I was cooking in a space that was about 2' x 2'. It was really hard. Now I have a much larger space. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I wish there was a good way to deal with these awful long lasting flares. I have never found one. I do what you are doing, I keep going, pressing, and exercising. But if it lasts much longer I would be at my doctor saying it is time to abandon my current biologic and it is time to move forward.

    I wish you the very best, good for Lucky for the walk, and good for you for riding the medicine cabinet of unused medications.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep moving forward. Thanks for your support.

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!