Saturday, March 27, 2021

GOT MY FIRST VACCINE

 I can't believe it finally happened!  I got my first vaccine shot.  

I got up and started to work on my taxes.  I have them almost ready to send to my preparer.  It is going faster than I thought because there was only in-person work for less than three months.  So parking, mileage, tolls, public transportation, and taxis are barely anything.  I barely went anywhere.  So it is taking less time than usual. 

Then mid afternoon I got ready to go get my vaccine.  I was taking a taxi so I needed to make sure I had everything (ID and confirmation page), money, masks and hand wipes.  I got in the cab.  I was more stressed than I expected.  Not because I was getting a shot; heck I get shots every week.  But because I was leaving the house and I was going to see the area for the first time in a year.  What would I see?  

I was pleasantly surprised.  The area was not as bad as I expected.  From the news reports I expected to see a ghost town. There were businesses open and people were out. Not as many people as normally would be out on a Saturday afternoon but still people.  There were businesses open. There were a lot of commercial lease space for rent.  A lot!  Some businesses were gone like The Gap and Marshalls and Walgreens.  But it was in a shopping area and I assume the area hasn't had people shopping for months.  

The arena where I went was very organized.  I only came close to the guy who looked at my ID and the woman who gave me the shot.  Otherwise I was 6' away form folks the whole time.  There were tons of people directing me so there was no cross walking.  I got my vaccine and I was told that because I am immune compromised my vaccine would not be fully effective.  They don't know what percentage effective it will be since they didn't study compromised people. So I was told to be careful.

Then I took a taxi home and jumped in the shower and put my stuff in my UV machine.  

I feel where the shot went in but so far I feel fine.  I am a bit tired but I was stressed all day so I expect this.  I hope I feel fine tomorrow so I can finish my taxes.

Crazy day! 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!